Searching & Managing Scientific Information : Erasmus Mundus Master Degree on Nuclear Physics
1. Introduction to databases: main features and current trends. The selection of the information sources.
2. Designing the searching strategy: choice of subject, use of keywords or descriptors, the Boolean operators, limiters and facets.
3. The first results: how to improve and redesign our bibliographic search. Saving and exporting records. The searching history, alerts and other advanced options.
4. Practicing in the databases: WOS, Scopus, IEEE Xplorer, arXiv.org, IOP…
5. Managing the references and formatting a manuscript or academic work with Mendeley.